Monday, April 25, 2011

Goodbye Grandpa

Today we buried my dad.   He was 90 years old and was diagnosed a few years ago with Lewy Body Dementia Syndrome.  Over the years he had a few medical procedures performed and could no longer take care of himself.  My sister and I both took care of him for the last 3.5 years of his life.  He leaves behind my sister and me, 6 grandchildren, 6 great grandchildren and 7 great great grandchildren.  He lived a long life.  We had services that would make anybody proud.  He was a WWII veteran and was in the Navy aboard the USS Ozark.  He is now with mom up in Heaven after being apart from her for 18 years.  In the picture is my 18 year old who has Down Syndrome and is in the JROTC program at his school.  He presented the flag to my sister. 

We will miss dad tremendously.  RIP Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Your Frappr GuestMap!
Powered by Platial